We at Gallery Night Providence are very excited to offer this opportunity to anyone in the arts community whether they aspire to be a graphic designer of the future, are already established in their field, or perhaps a talented individual who wants to apply their creative ability in a new direction.
What we’re looking for is an easily recognizable symbol to reflect the Gallery Night Providence Brand, to be used on promotional and fundraising merchandising, printed material and documents.
- It should work both in a round and square format
- It should look good on larger items such as posters, T-shirts, and tote bags as well as small print items such as buttons, jewelry and business cards.
- We also need this logo for digital media so it should read well as an avatar on our social media pages such as wordpress, Twitter, and facebook.
- It should adapt well with color changes, should we choose to use a different color scheme each year.
- Keep in mind, we’d like this logo to appeal to and attract a diverse audience of art enthusiasts.
The Grand Prize will be a train ticket from Providence to New York City for a portfolio consultation with Mark Maltais, art director at Rolling Stone Magazine.
We are currently working out the details on the entry form, so think about your design and watch our facebook page for updates!
The jurors for this contest will be known professionals in the graphic design field and are soon to be announced.
Please have all entries submitted to us by June 1, 2014
The winner will be announced on Gallery Night, June 19, 2014
Good Luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
The staff at Gallery Night Providence.